Thursday 26 January 2012

In the Pink.....

I'm a little out of my comfort zone with all the Pink in today's card, but I'm rather pleased with how it's turned out.
I was nearly in tears cutting into the fabulous Tim Holtz Idea-ology 'Vintage Shabby' papers.  I've had this paper pad for over a year now and this is the first sheet I've used out of it !!!
The pink die cut heart is from a piece of velour/moleskin paper (if you can call it paper) that I bought from my local craft shop last week.  I really didn't think I would be cutting into it so soon, but it just went so well with the rest of the card.....looks like I will be going back to purchase another piece to keep stroking !!!

I am entering this card into:

Oldie but a Goodie - Have a Heart
Saturated Canary #9 - Dies/Punches
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
The Shabby Tearoom #98 - Sparkly & Bright
Truly Scrumptious #72 - Something Forgotten
Crafts and Me Challenges #68 - Pink and Sparkly
Stampin' for the Weekend #24 - Out with the Old (Tim Holtz Papers)
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Happy Highlights (glossy accents on balloon)



The image is Simply Sassy Carnival Balloon from Krista's Sugar Nellie Range
Coloured with Promarkers
Papers are from Tim Holtz Idea-ology "Vintage Shabby' Paper Pad
Sentiment is from Lili of the Valley's Greetings Postmarks Set
Heart Die Cuts are Marianne Design
Gems and Ribbon are from my stash

Thanks for looking
Fiona x

11 comments:

  1. A fantastic creation hun! Thanks for playing over at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, thats some fun paper you used, would love to feel that heart! Great image too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a pretty card - love those die cut hearts
    Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a Goodie this fortnight
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiona if its out of your comfort zone hun I totally can't tell, its stunning. Love the hearts too.
    Thank you for popping in and playing along with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
    Hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the shiny balloon and the sparly silver trim. Thank you for joining us in the Tea Room this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love the shiny balloon and the sparly silver trim. Thank you for joining us in the Tea Room this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card and I love how you did the balloon!
    Thanks for joining us at SFC.
    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card with lovely soft colours!
    Thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary Challenges! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fiona, your Simply Sassy Carnival Balloon image looks fabulous on this lovely birthday card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me digi team's Pink and Sparkly challenge. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning sweetie, I love this creation so gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary this time hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card - love the die cut hearts.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at AOBG this time.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete